Hashtags in TwitterTwitter is great resources for social networking, especially for any writer in any platform. The advantage is that it separate from a pool of useless and boring tweets from the one that are pertinent and interesting.
What are Hashtags in Twitter?Have you discover a tweet which includes a word or phrase preceded by a pound sign? For example, #ThreeWordsToLiveBy word of wisdom in three words likes "#threewordstoliveby Trust, Loyalty, Honesty”. A Hashtags is a way through which people search for tweets that has common conversation or topic. It unites all tweets globally in a particular topic. It allows creating communities of people in the same topic which help to share and relate it more easily.
How to create and use Hashtags ?1. You can create your own Hashtags to drive any conversation or business or event. Suppose you want to start a conversation on earn money while writing.
2. So, suppose in that case your Hashtags would be #earnmoneybywriting or #earnwhilewriting or #earnwriter etc
3. In order to start any Hashtags you have to search that tag whether it exist or not. If exist and you are comfortable in using it then no problem otherwise think for some new one.
4. After you have defined your Hashtags related to your subject matter, then simply add at the end or beginning or in-between the message. Remember your message should not cross 140 characters.
Where to find popular Hashtags?
First place: hashtags.orgThis is the first place to find most recent and hot Hashtags. Its shows the popularity trend of each Hashtags.
Second place: wthashtag.com (What the Hashtags?!)It works as wiki for Hashtags. If you want to discover the history behind any Hashtags you can jump into it and collect lots of information. Like when it first discovered, description about it, external links and the live stream.
The golden rule for any new Hashtags1. Keep Hashtags as short and sweet as possible because twitter accepts only 140 characters .
2. Your Hashtags should be meaningful and resemble with your message.
3. Don’t use for spamming.
4. Keep track of all conversation and participate it as frequently as possible.
How to track Hashtags?1. Simply go to twitter search
2. Search for the Hashtags you want to know including '#' in your search query. For example search for #Apple
3. Open the page in new tab and track and refresh it periodically to see the result in real time. You can also subscribe the feed related to your search in feed reader and check occasionally for any updates
If you are only tracking for a shorter period of time then twitter search would be handful but for longer period of time such as several hours or a day I would recommend to use apps known as Tweetdeck.
Benefit of Hashtags:1. It help us to categories any messages and at the end make it easier for other Twitter user to search for such tweets.
2. It makes us to discover other twitter who is interested in the same topics.
3. I bring the conversation interesting. For example if you search for #NFL, you'll see all the result of National Football League.
4. It helps to engage, respond and follow to a particular question or insightful topics. It stream in real time and help to find people to follow in the same stream.
5. It helps in viral marketing. Suppose for launching some product we can use Hashtags preceded with that product name.
I believe that potential of Hashtags for overuse and abuse could dilute the effectiveness for any tag. Popular and important Hashtags should be "follow" to reach the audience and spanner tag should be "unfollowed" and dropped from the index. According to Hashtags etiquette and social manner, one single Hashtags is best; two are permissible and above two are treated as absolute maximum. So it wholly depends upon the usability and concentration of topics. I hope the above clarifies the concept of Twitter Hashtags, which is bit confusing for new twitters’. For more clarification you can drop a message.